Well, after about two and a half years of work by hundreds of people, I’m proud to say that we have a Moodle 2.0 ready for you to download – Martin Dougiamas [read more]
Check out the Moodle 2.0 Release Notes.
The main items that I am excited about are:
As @MoodleNews says, let’s celebrate!
This makes me even more excited to finish reading and reviewing the book by @moodlefairy, Moodle 2.0 First Look. More Moodle 2.0 posts to come!
Check out @MoodleNews blog post, Leeds City College Moodle site but this list made me aware of a few other awesome sites! I’m loving http://www.moodleinschools.org.nz, check it out!
Check out these exclusive images of the iPad app, mBook …sweet : )
Mobile Moodle is already a hot topic and I see it only getting more steam as more and more developers work on projects. Student response systems? Psh, give me a classroom set of iPod touches or a few iPads, an LCD projector and a Moodle course!
Just a quick post with some links and notes about the somewhere (I have yet to search, been so busy! Does anyone know?).
Anyways, check out some notes.
Check out my review of Moodle 1.9 Theme Design on Moodle News.
I’m very excited to read and review two books from Packt Publishing.
Moodle 1.9 Theme Design: Beginner’s Guide
- Create your own Moodle theme from the graphic design stage right through to the finished complete Moodle theme
- Offers design examples and ways to create appropriate themes for different student age groups and styles
- Effective planning for creating and modifying new themes, customizing existing themes, and enhancing them further
- Clear focus on beginners with ample screenshots and clear explanations to facilitate learning
Moodle 1.9 Extension Development
- Develop your own blocks, activities, filters, and organize your content with secure code
- Thoroughly covers key libraries of Moodle and best practices to use them
- Explore the Moodle architectural concepts, how it is structured, and how it works
- Detailed examples and screenshots for easy learning
These two books are probably the most exciting to me to begin reading out of all the Packt Publishing books I’ve read. I’m currently into the 3rd chapter of the Theme Design book, which I will be reviewing on MoodleNews.com. It should be posted on Moodle News within a few weeks and the Extension book I will be reviewing on this blog.
Just a quick note to stay updated with Moodle 2.0 news at Moodle Monthly. Moodle 2.0 Beta recently came out and is available at Moodle.org for download.
Other Pokies ways to keep informed of the development of Moodle 2.0
This is sort of a two part post…
I recently joined the Moodle Monthly team and started off by telling my experience of implementing Moodle into a school district.
Stopping on that note – I’ve been meaning to write a blog post about this great new site, and resources. Check it out and follow @moodlenews (Moodle Monthly Twitter handle) on Twitter.
Okay, back to my series of blog posts that will be on Moodle Monthly about my experience with implementing Moodle – I’ll be breaking down the process into segments based on topics over the next few weeks. After I’m done I will probably collect the links and write up a post on Moodlerific to reference all of the posts in one place.